PCaSO Otterbourne Group
Otterbourne Village Hall, Cranbourne Drive,
Nr Winchester, SO21 2ET
HAMPSHIRE BRANCH MEETING (OTTERBOURNE)
TUES 5th MARCH 2019 at 7.30pm
Functional recovery after prostate cancer treatment.
Rowland Rees, BSc MB BS FRCS(Urol) and Russell Etherington
- Mr. Rowland Rees is a Consultant urological surgeon, and is one of the UK’s leading surgical andrologists, based at University Hospital Southampton.
- ‘Andros’ is the greek word for male, and ‘andrology’ is the study and treatment of disorders of the male genitalia – and can be considered the equivalent of ‘gynaecology’ in the female.
- Incontinence and erectile dysfunction are common problems after prostate cancer treatment affecting a large number of men and as a consequence their partners as well.
- Mr. Rees will talk primarily about these all too frequent complications of prostate cancer treatment and how they can be treated and the current research into new treatments.
- Russell Etherington is a former urology nurse specialist and is now product manager for the urology and pelvic health section of Boston Scientific.
- Boston Scientific partners with urologists to continually advance the quality of patient care with innovative urology solutions. They offer a comprehensive portfolio of solutions to treat kidney stones, enlarged prostate, erectile dysfunction, incontinence and pelvic floor disorders.
TUES 3rd SEPT 2019 at 7.30pm – TBA
All are welcome – admission free